We're looking for a Service Designer for Engine’s London studio. This role has been created as a result of Engine’s growth and will play a key part of ensuring that Engine continues to deliver an exceptional experience for their clients.
We are looking for someone with experience of multi-channel service design and who is obsessed with getting the ‘art and the science’ right to deliver great service experiences.
If you are passionate about service design, willing to push the project creatively to ensure that the services that Engine design are ‘cutting edge’ and enjoy innovation, we would love for you to join us.
This role is often at the center of projects, requiring a multi-discipline approach. You will be involved with research (qualitive), workshops, produce output documents requiring an analytical eye. You will be involved with prototyping (conceptual, 3D & digital), mockups and developing concepts.
If you have a proven track record of understanding and challenging the design process, this role is for you.
We require our Service Designers to be:
- Confident in putting a case forward for content and creative direction.
- Consistent and reliable and can always deliver against project time and quality requirements.
- A team player but willing to take on responsibility for aspects of the project delivery.
- A people person who can take in the opinions and perspectives of others.
- Considerate and professional
- Fun to be around
The role will work closely with the Client, the client director, project managers and project leads to ensure projects run smoothly and deliver an exceptional client experience.
- You're able to make informed decisions on the best use of time, quality and resources in light of project profitability.
- You are able to produce new thinking, ideas and content in the form of well articulated ideas drawn from creative leaps or thoughtful analysis.
- You can systematically breakdown complex problems.
- You are comfortable assisting running client sessions, workshops and supporting client liaison to maintain a strong working relationship.
- You have strong written and verbal skills (English).
- You can work autonomously within projects and deliver high quality, creative, communication and research outputs.
- You have a good work ethic, are ambitious and willing to go the extra mile for delivering great projects.
Key tasks and accountability
- The assisting the structuring and ownership of project tasks and activities including research visits, workshops, documentation etc
- Fully support project leads in guiding clients throughout the entire project process
- The delivery of consistent, well considered and structured outputs across all types of deliverable
- Delivering strong creative output and rationale across all aspects of project delivery.
- The production of visually rich and clear documents, presentations and workshop materials. Proficient is the use of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Powerpoint.
- Guiding more junior members and leading by example.
- Help develop accounts by being responsive to client needs, gathering intelligence and identifying possible opportunities.
What great looks like
- Takes an active interest in Service Design discipline and practice by reading around the subject and writing for the website.
- You develop client account relationships.
- You support and create extra-curricular activities of Engine to ensure Engine is always improving its ways of working.
- Showing initiative in streamlining processes and getting more efficient by sharing best practice and helping others
- You contribute to the social aspects of Engine including knowledge share events.
- You support more junior members of the team in getting the most out of their time at Engine.
- You support the office team in the day-to-day running of the business (timesheet, phones, deliveries, cleanliness etc)