Behind every great service is a great organisation - Part 3.
In Part 3 of this six-part series, we investigate the second fundamental of our Design-led approach – Defining the enablers.
Businesses need to have clear sight of the system of components required to deliver the experience. To understand the future state and the associated changes, the new service ecosystem of enablers, requirements, roles and partnerships needs to be defined. In turn, this informs the operational design and implementation roadmaps with which to mobilise delivery teams and help colleagues understand their role in making it happen.
The associated challenges that businesses face:
- Reshaping the operating model to realise the target experience.
- Understanding the operational components of a service and how they need to work together.
- Untangling, organising and rationalising the backlog and projects in play.
- Knowing where to focus finite resources and effort to achieve strategic goals.
The activities and assets that help you succeed:
- Identifying the enablers and requirements to describe what's needed to achieve the stated outcomes and objectives for the customer and business.
- Designing the service ecosystem and determining how each component will relate to each other.
- Defining roles and behaviours to support new ways of working and develop training.
- Co-creating the operational design and the way the business is set up to deliver the services and products.
- Plotting experience roadmaps to focus energy and sequence the projects that will drive the step change.
Next week, in Part 4 of 6, we’ll investigate the third fundamental - Scaling the CX function - or you can sign up below and download the full story now.
Want the full story?
Enter your full name and email to download.