We're always on the lookout for people to work with us. We like people who enjoy exploring a challenge, working out solutions, polishing them and packing it all up. You can see from what we do that we're creative, process is important to us, and we enjoy understanding what makes people tick. Developing ways of thinking, finding an angle and making things seem as simple as possible, are all skills we value.
We are interested in different levels of experience and expertise, so whatever your specialism, field or experiences, get in touch.
Please email CVs, a covering letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an Artworker / Junior Graphic Designer to join our busy and collaborative studio based in London, on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to be at the heart of the studio, working across multiple projects, providing essential artwork and supporting Engine’s vision of making the world a better place, one service at a time.
Before you read any further, answer the questions below. If the answer is Yes to all of them, we would be delighted to consider your application:
Is the answer Yes to all of these? Excellent. Engine Service Design is the place for you!
Please have a look at the job specification below and on application, email you CV, a covering letter and portfolio to email@example.com
What good looks like
What will make you really stand out
Some knowledge of HTML / CSS & Web platforms (using Content Management Systems etc.)
We are looking for an Senior Service Designer for Engine’s Dubai branch. This role has been created as a result of Engine’s international growth and will play a key part of ensuring that Engine continues to deliver an exceptional experience for their clients.
We are looking for someone who is an experienced service designer and most importantly someone who is obsessed with the art of creating great services. We are looking for someone who is passionate about understanding customers and getting the ‘art and the science’ right to deliver great service experiences. We are looking for someone is willing to push the team and the project creatively to ensure that the services that Engine design are ‘cutting edge’ and a perfect blend of being innovative and deliverable into the client’s organization.
This role is often the 'wing-person' for the project lead and in some situations will be the project lead. Therefore, we are looking for someone who has proven track record of great client management and account development experience. As a senior service designer you will be expected to lead parts of the project and design process and so you will need to be:
- Confident in putting a case forward for content and creative direction.
- Consistent and reliable and can always deliver against project time and quality requirements.
- A team player but willing to take on responsibility for aspects of the project delivery.
- A people person who can take in the opinions and perspectives of others.
- Considerate and professional.
The role will work closely with the Client, the client director, project managers and project leads to ensure projects run smoothly and deliver an exceptional client experience.
- You're able to make informed decisions on the best use of time, quality and resources in light of project profitability.
- You are comfortable running small to medium sized projects irrespective of sector.
- You are able to produce new thinking, ideas and content in the form of well articulated ideas drawn from creative leaps or thoughtful analysis.
- You can systematically breakdown complex problems.
- You are comfortable running client sessions, workshops and supporting client liaison to maintain a strong working relationship.
- You have strong written and verbal skills (English).
- You can work autonomously within projects and deliver high quality, creative, communication and research outputs.
- You have a good work ethic, are ambitious and willing to go the extra mile for delivering great projects.
Key tasks and accountability
- The structuring and ownership of project tasks and activities including research visits, workshops, documentation etc
- Fully support project leads in guiding clients throughout the entire project process
- The delivery of consistent, well considered and structured outputs across all types of deliverable
- Delivering strong creative output and rationale across all aspects of project delivery.
- The production of visually rich and clear documents, presentations and workshop materials. Proficient is the use of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Powerpoint.
- Guiding more junior members and leading by example.
- Help develop accounts by being responsive to client needs, gathering intelligence and identifying possible opportunities.
What great looks like
- Takes an active interest in Service Design discipline and practice by reading around the subject and writing for the website.
- You develop client account relationships.
- You support and create extra-curricular activities of Engine to ensure Engine is always improving its ways of working.
- Showing initiative in streamlining processes and getting more efficient by sharing best practice and helping others
- You contribute to the social aspects of Engine including knowledge share events.
- You support more junior members of the team in getting the most out of their time at Engine.
- You support the office team in the day-to-day running of the business (timesheet, phones, deliveries, cleanliness etc)